Henry Bushby Transcription pages
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
Summary of results to this point.
(1) Repetitions commence when 1 is joined to
the next highest even no. exceeding the
no. of bights. (Thus with 3b, 1 to 4 repeats, with 4b 1 to 6 repeats: with 5b 1 to 6 re-
peats ; with 6b, 1 to 8 repeats.)
(2) 1 [sideways U] x - (x-2) = 1 [sideways U] 2 gives immedi-
ately preceeding knot. With both even
& odd b. it decreases c. by 1; with
even odd c it increases z by 1 ; with odd even
c it decreases z by 1.
except with S2 3b/3c z always = 1
when z = 2 being increased by 1 :
[Vertical : no good for
[Overwritten : p260ff]
(3) 1 [sideways U] x - (x - 3) = 1 [sideways U] 3 reduces c to
0 & z (if not 1 already, when it remains
1) to 1.
[Vertical : No good
for new knots. Not]
(4) 1 [sideways U] x-(x-4) = 1 [sidewys U] 4 leaves c un-
altered and adds 1 to z. (New Knot.)
[Vertical : Good.]
(5) 1 [sideways U] x - (x-5) = 1 [sideways U] 5 reduces c to
0 (or ? 1) & leaves z unaltered.
[Vertical : no good.]
You don't have permission to discuss this page.